2008年6月24日火曜日

New Laptop~ lalala

Tralalalalala~

So my dad suddenly decided to take me computer shopping after my doctor's appointment today. We spent a total of 20 mins in a computer market in CWB ( you don't have to know where that is exactly) and I choose a black Mac book!!! The 2nd Mac in 2 years... damn I waste too much money =( screw having children, I dont think I'll be able to earn enough to support myself o_O

Sooooooo, according to my calculations, I have managed to switch 5 laptops in the past 6 years...
My last one was a white mac book which I bought during spring break freshman year with cash lol- Should of seen the look on the person's face when I said "um....I am paying in cash....".-----> O_O (yes, big eyes)

The laptop was working great through summer until CJ's away party before winter break. I woke up the next day with my laptop swiming in some sort of coke drink on my desktop (knew I should of hid it somewhere). Well... surprisingly it still works, and I have been using this waterlogged (humm... maybe "cokelogged") piece of equipment for the entire second semester. It became a desktop, because the battery won't charge anymore and so it has to be plugged to a power source 24-7. You have no idea how frustrating it is with this computer going off randomly, especially when you happen to be typing away a paper or raiding in Azeroth and the screen suddenly turns dark.

I don't regret throwing the party though. But I should have been more careful my electronic appliances... thank god my sound system survived... they were right next to my laptop-

I wouldn't have minded the no battery part that much if it wasn't for the mac book's new power cord thingy. This new magnetic power plug was meant to... umm... prevent your computer from being dragged off the table when someone accidentally trips on the wire. But, when your laptop has no battery at all, this new mechanism doesn't seem to be that brilliant of an idea anymore. |no power connection| + |no battery| = |no power| = |just lost everything that I have been working on for past couple of hours|. I'd rather the laptop be dragged on to the floor then the whole GOD D*** system shutting off suddenly. And SOMEONE (actually it's only one person, and it's not me) always manages to trip on the power cord, even if I am deliberately place the wire out of her way. *devastating to the soul*

Well... at least I developed a habit of saving a lot... like every 15 mins lol-
New vs Old
I should have gotten a windows machine or something, but I figured I would end up buying new computer games and other random crap.... so yea... and the black mac book looks pretty cool =)

Most importantly though, I need a new computer since I would be working in Japan soon. I don't want any power outages when I am inputting endless lists of data on excel or writing something boring on word or anything else they make me do on the job. (Please don't let be making copies and coffee...)

Lets see how long this new one will last... I figured with the badass looks and all, it should survive for at least 2 years (give or take a year).


Anyways, I also posted two random pictures that I found while I was clearing through my old laptop- No nude pictures or anything, so don't get excited...

The Harbor
This is the view of Hong Kong's famous Victoria Harbor from my window =) It used to be better, but some genius (or geniuses) recently decided to build a really really tall hotel right in front of the building that I am in, leaving me with only half of the original harbor view. The area has no tourist attractions nor is it famous for anything.
Arghhhhh... looks like I'll have to get rich and move to somewhere higher up- ocean view is important... makes you want to dance-


Battle Baby or Superman/women baby?

So I met this fierce-looking baby while I was studying in Japan last summer. (Forgot he or she, so I think I'll use "it")... It's dad is the preacher for the Tenrikyo Shrine (天理教) in Hakodate, Hokkaido Japan. The baby was situated on top of the cushion because it couldn't crawl or really do anything yet, except for lifting it's head up. And since it's head was too heavy, the head just falls on to the cushion whenever the baby becomes too tired lol. My tomodachis (friends) all agreed that this thing was kawaisugiru (go figure the word out. Hint: it's japanese)- Couldn't take the baby back with me though... their god might smite me =X

Alright... 3 more weeks left...
still got a lot of random things to take care of... AKA my working visa... argh...

Oh noes, a hurricane is coming to Hong Kong tonight-

combat time!

1 件のコメント:

Ceejay さんのコメント...

i like how the first sentence you use to describe yourself puts you in terms of your relationship to me. ha. i was going to buy a mactop computron this summer, but then my gma got rid of her dell desktop. so now i guess i'll just use that.

leaves more $$ to come to japan.