2008年6月24日火曜日

Movies and articles

It has been brought to my attention that I have indeed spelt grammar wrong in my self intro... well.... yea... I couldn't find the spellcheck button ( I always try to remember to spellcheck, because I KNOW that my "engrish" needs improvement)

With Andrew in Istanbul, Austin preparing to leave for Japan and Aly travelling with her family in Spain (wow... I didn't even notice it till now, you are all As).... I feel like I am wasting my life away bit by bit staying in my Hong Kong home, sleeping 11-ish hours a day and wondering aimlessly around the city. Probably not that bad... but still....


Anyhow, I have so much free time on my hand that I have been reading a lot of Time Magazines and random books, as well as watching TV dramas (both Japanese and English) and an assortment of random movies.

Reaper (Season 1)

Talks about a guy called Sam, whom on his 21st birthday, finds out that his parents sold his soul to the devil and has to work for devil by capturing escaped souls from hell. I know... I know... this plot seems to be old, but I find the characters to be pretty entertaining and series to be quite well-filmed. ( CJ should add this to his list of TV episodes that he watch during his boring year at swarthmore without me)

Kung Fu Panda
Man... this movie is hilarious... The first 5 minutes of the film (or the introduction part) was the funniest thing I've ever seen with Panda ending the whole thing saying "there is no charge for awesomeness, or attractiveness" which exactly how I feel about myself..... yea i get satisfaction from children movies but so what? If you have 90 mins to spare and/or have little youngsters around you, this movie could be a good choice.

Definitely Probably? I don't know the exact name...

Love story. Chick flick? I don't know... but i enjoyed it. I think the actors/actresses were all pretty good in the movie but the plot is a bit old and corny. But as Aly knows it, I like corny movies AKA star dust and A.I lol .....so my taste is questionable.....

吴镇宇的双食记
我还是不太习惯看中国电影,所以没有耐性仔细的去看它。但这电影一开始拍得真的挺好,女人的心计真的很可怕哦=@看完的结论是:要不就不结婚,要结婚就想好了不要去鬼混,不然被人报仇也是活该吧。看了别打我lol,这纯属是个人意见。

This is multi-lingual cause I want to practice some of my Chinese and Japanese from time to time. If you can't understand it.... it's alright, probably you didn't miss much=p

Just finished the latest issue of the Times ( I don't know why I typed "Tables" the first time), which had a special report on games that is worth reading (in my opinion). With the Olympics drawing near and such, I like these kinds of articles that don't show how political international games have become.Btw, did you know that South Korea has coverage of computer-game tournaments 24-7 on national TV and that it computer gaming is called e-sports? Absolutely amazing... think I can convince my parents to let me change academic paths now?... probably not... but these gamers in S.Korea get paid $100000 a year to play games =O

I guess I should be glad that I have all this free time to read and do random stuff at home (well... since Aly has been complaining about traveling too much....).

Only a few weeks left before I venture off to Japan to start my internship and my exchange program.

So...in the meantime....頑張ろう!!!

0 件のコメント: