2008年6月19日木曜日

I can't believe I am doing this.. Let's see how long this will last

Hello. Nihao. Konnichiwa.
Since everyone around has gotten into this blogging business, I thought I might as well try it out.
As some of you might know, I am planning on spending my entire junior year away from Swarthmore. I'll be interning and then doing an exchange program called AIKOM at Tokyo University.

Shit... this is kinda weird... I feel like I am talking to myself, but anyways =/

Anyhow, my internship doesn't start until the 14th of July, and so I have been spending most of my time at home in Hong Kong. Go ASIA!! The food home is great, no more pasta nights and happy wok general (Tso's, Gao's, whatever variation they have out there) for a long while. I think I am still sick from pasta though, I feel nauseous thinking about it, no offense to sharples (did I spell that right?) or anything. It's just that pasta nights twice a week for 2 years has really shortened my life, a bit.

My internship is going be from the 14th of July till the 30th September giving me exactly half a day before my study abroad program starts (October 1st, if I know my months right.... there shouldn't be 31st of September, right?) I'll be doing data analysis and research and development at an American life insurance company called Hartford Life Insurance. Apparently they are pretty big in America, but they just started in Japan 5 years ago. According to what they told me, they are still pretty small in Japan with, I quote, 'only 900 people'. I feel pretty lucky being able to land this internship, so I am gonna have to try hard and show off some Swarthmore style working skills. You know, like 16 shots in an hour and half and things of that sort- It'll be an interesting experience, so wish me luck, yea? Don't need to pray or anything fancy like that, a wish will be fine.

I gotta say, not being at Swarthmore for an entire year is going to be very weird. I'm sure gonna miss all the adventures and what not, for example: the blackout nights (not saying that's not gonna happen in Japan, but still). Studying will be missed too, but not as much as the pizzas and chicken wings ordered in midst of studying.

Oh well- I know my liver is probably going to hell this year (byebye liver), just like my kidneys- but still, one life, right? who wants a drink?

If you all really have some time and spare cash, you should take this chance and come visit Asia AKA visit me in Tokyo. I can't afford buying you all tickets, but I can offer a place to stay I guess. So come and I'll take you around.

Panda-

3 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

what's your thesis?

haha just kidding

not to mention that one year in japan = one year less of AJI ICHIBAAAAAANNN, no? :D

Andrew Loh さんのコメント...

blogger is asking me questions in japanese.

匿名 さんのコメント...

u spelled grammar wrong :p